This forum is strictly for discussing theology. We strongly recommend that you do not post anything that is offensive to any religion!!
By Onima
WOMEN OF THE VEIL
by Hena Farooq

Her long, thick, shiny black hair
Fell against her back.
Her rich, copper skin
Gleamed in the sunlight.
Her slender figure outlined,
With her soft voluptuous curves.
But when she stepped outside,
She became a ghostly figure of the night.
Nothing more to the people
Than a dark, shadowy figure of oppression.
But she showed them.
As she walked down the street,
People made way,
Men lowered their gazes in utmost respect.
And others whispered,
As she held her head up high,
With pride in her belief
And showed them how oppressed she really was!
While they whistled at their women,
Looking them up and down as they were
pieces of meat to be inspected?
She pitied their savage ways.
As she walked into the arms of
her partner,
Her only love,
Her husband.
Where she was transformed,
Into her beautiful self,
For only his eyes to see.
By Advertisement Bot
#...?
By Sh@t.rOnG__
nice...keep going
By Iron.Mask
shobai cool nice bollo.

ami ki bolbo???

ami to kichu e bujhi nai :-S
By Othoi
infact me didn't get it eiter :-/
By !~:Darkz.Ninja:~!
Attoooo deppply kobittaaa ......oooonek kothin .......tar chire gesee ..but nice ..
By Onima
Yea..this poem actually has a deep meaning...I would like to give it a bit analysis..according to my understanding.

the first few lines are praising comments of a woman and her beauty. A beautiful woman whose beauty is compelling to everyone. but she doesnt show her beauty to everyone..only one person who deserves to see it, her husband. she is not be commented by other on her beauty, but they should judge her for her being, her character, and her thinking.

thats why when she goes out, she covers herself which some people recognises as woman of oppression. but she is saying, it is not oppression. her modesty gives her respect. no body can comment bad on her...all the men lowers their gaze...ppl make way for her. everyone shows utmost respect to her and her modesty.

meanwhile, other women who want show their beauty to all men.....she is addressing them as pieces of meat to be commented on. a market product whom everyone can see and comment.

last part, she goes to her one and only deserving husband to whom, she reveals herself. its the only eyes that can see her beautiful self...
By !~:Darkz.Ninja:~!
yea...bujhtesiii ....tobee jotoo kothin ee hok ....poem ta joosshhh ....besiii josshhhh.....bujhte parle .. :P
By TukTuki
hmm.......khub-e deep ekta kobita. but very very meaningful. onek jotilll.........loved it!
By khekShial
meanwhile, other women who want show their beauty to all men.....she is addressing them as pieces of meat to be commented on. a market product whom everyone can see and comment.

so you are saying women who doesnt wear veil are piece of meat !
By TukTuki
khekShial wrote:meanwhile, other women who want show their beauty to all men.....she is addressing them as pieces of meat to be commented on. a market product whom everyone can see and comment.

bhaia, i think she is trying to regard those women who's purpose to show off to men.
By -R-A-N-A-
TukTuki wrote:
khekShial wrote:meanwhile, other women who want show their beauty to all men.....she is addressing them as pieces of meat to be commented on. a market product whom everyone can see and comment.

bhaia, i think she is trying to regard those women who's purpose to show off to men.

khekshial too dekhi assolei pondit.... sob kichu negatively nen kenoo bhaii ..... eiii poem tar abar porle apni hoyto eita bolten nah ...its very very meaning ful poem
By TukTuki
Yd. wrote:
TukTuki wrote:

khekshial too dekhi assolei pondit.... sob kichu negatively nen kenoo bhaii ..... eiii poem tar abar porle apni hoyto eita bolten nah ...its very very meaning ful poem

thxx bhaia. for backing me up :) i was trying to say the same..
By -R-A-N-A-
lolzzz... no worries ..anytime :)
By khekShial
Sorry guys for being so negative …….. it seems my dull foxy brain is missing the deeper meaning here…..ok let me try again ….“all women without veil are piece of meat
and all men are maniac beasts who would prey on those meats as soon as he sees oneâ€￾

ok how positive am I now ?
By rubence
poem tar meanig amar kache khub cheao mone hoyeche ashole women somporke islam ki mone kore sobai ta jane na world e 1000 men er jonno women ache 1050 tar mane .50% BESHI e tai purush ra ekadhik biye korte parbe ba sobar jono ekadhi nari thakbe r ei poem e nari jevabe bolche je se sudhu tar husband er jonno eta khub baje ekta bepar ami eta bolchina je sob narider ekdhik boyfriend thakle valo ba cheleder ekhadhik girlfriend thaka uchit. amar dharona manush hishabe ei bepar gulo amader ke lojjai fele shob purush best oijonno kauke borka porte hobe eta jemon purush hisahbe lojjar temni manush hisabeo
By Mz.Cuteness
MASHALLAH..tatz a veryy deep and touchin poemm,as well as very true and niceeee...i cud tell who ever wrote it feelz really deeply bout it...SUBHANALLAHH....keep up da *** workk =D> ...

..~RANI~..
By Draghima
Onek meaningful,amar kashe mone hoeche thik moto explain korte parle simple ekta line o onek orthoboho hote pare.
By Dr.Hossain
খুবই সুন্দর,meaningful,Women of TODAY(dont take otherwise)should learn from Women of ISLAM :-S